Ready to turn your passion into a business? Become a Social Entrepreneur!
- Designed for people at all stages who want to make a difference
- Structured learning content to boost your knowledge, skills and confidence to start a social enterprise
- Learn from other social enterprise and charity founders
- The space to develop your ideas in a safe and supportive environment
- Choose from a 1-day experience, 3-day Bootcamp, or 12-week accelerator
- Limited fully-funded places available to people who live and work in Wales
- Led by Social Entrepreneur and Parents Mental Health Advocate, Mark Williams
Becoming a Social Entrepreneur
Whether you’re in university, taking a career break, or simply wanting to create a new purpose in life, you can become a social entrepreneur! We’ll help you to identify the gap in the market, articulate your value proposition and take the first steps to starting and running a business.
- Identify the problem
- Understand your audience
- Research the gap in the market
- Articulate your value proposition
- Create a marketing plan
- Structure a social business
- Finance a business
- Pitch new ideas
Benefits of attending the Social Entrepreneurship Academy
Our goal is to equip you to start and grow your social business. We achieve this through a range of hands-on and immersive activities, peer-to-peer learning, one-to-one coaching, and exposure to people and organisations who can help you to take the next step. By attending the Social Entrepreneurship Academy you will get…
- Tools and ideas to get your new business off to a flying start
- Networking opportunities with likeminded social entrepreneurs
- One-to-one support from an experienced social entrepreneur
- A digital certificate and a new LinkedIn qualification to showcase your skills
Meet your tutors
Father's Mental Health Social Entrepreneur
Mark Williams is a Keynote Speaker, Author and International campaigner. In 2004 he himself experienced depression and suffered in silence for years until he entered community mental health services. He founded International Fathers Mental Health Day and #Howareyoudad campaign to make sure all parents are having support for the whole family. Mark has spoken on television and radio stations around the world while working with Dr Jane Hanley who have both published articles on Fathers ( Paternal) Mental Health together.
Jessica Leigh Jones MBE
Co-Founder & CEO @ iungo Solutions
Jessica Leigh Jones MBE is a multi-award-winning Engineer and Astrophysicist. She is Co-Founder and Chief Executive of iungo, a CareerTech start-up democratising access to excellent careers for everyone. Jessica is also a Royal Academy of Engineering Visiting Professor and a Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence at the University of Wales Trinity St David’s. Here, she is leading the flagship Enterprising Engineers Programme for engineering undergraduate students and apprentices.
MD @ Business Nuts and Bolts
Bradley Tanner is an experienced manager and educator having worked in a range of sectors and in a range of roles within education. He has worked around the UK and in Europe as a consultant and researcher. He focuses on supporting businesses and education providers to meet their customers needs and creating efficient business processes. Throughout Bradley’s career he has held firmly to the belief that education can change lives.