Venture into new worlds with this Skills Bootcamp in Games Development fully-funded by UK Government.
Learn to design, develop and optimise professional 2D and 3D games using professional-grade tools including Unity and Blender.
This is a 16-week, flexible, part-time programme, delivered in a hybrid format in Bristol City Centre over 3 evenings (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday) and a full day on Saturday per week. During this programme you will complete a live project set by a Games or Animation employer and develop the skills required to apply directly for games development roles within this fast-growing and vibrant sector. You will be supported through a personal development plan to help you to maximise your opportunities to gain employment after completing the Skills Bootcamp.
You will be guaranteed an interview for a live vacancy in Bristol City Centre upon completion of the programme. You will also achieve a formal qualification in Games Development, build a Development Portfolio, and receive personalised support to develop your CV and employability skills.
This is an intermediate Digital Skills & Employability Programme for people with a limited background in games design or development or software development. There are no specific entry requirements for applying to the Skills Bootcamp in Games Development.
Applicants may typically be:
- Graduates with a degree in a creative or numeracy-based subject
- Career changers transferring from a technology or creative sector
- Career returners refreshing their digital skills
- People with creative and design backgrounds wanting to develop technical skills
- Artists, Gamers and Esports professionals
Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis against our “AAA” Criteria: Attitude, Aptitude and Ambition.
- Week 1: Introduction to the Unity Interface and Design Documentation
- Week 2: Scripting and Character Controls
- Week 3: 2D Asset Design and Animations
- Week 4: Level Design, Narrative and Storyboarding
- Week 5: Version Control, 2D Game Project and Pitching
- Week 6: Introduction to Unity 3D and Character Controls
- Week 7: 3D Asset Creation and Animation, Audio Design
- Week 8: Whiteboxing, Prototyping and Optimisation
- Week 9: Textures and Agent Based Systems
- Week 10: 3D Game Project and Pitching
Outcome: Guaranteed interview with a Bristol employer upon completion of the Skills Bootcamp in Games Development.
Qualification: AIM Level 4 Award in Games Development
- One-to-one Career Coaching
- Regular Employer Lunch & Learns
- Competitive Paid Placement Scheme
- Confidence Building and Support – Presentations & Pitching, Selling Yourself to Employers
- Socials and Casual Networking Events
- CV Writing and Portfolio Creation Support
You will be guaranteed an interview for a live vacancy in the Bristol area upon completion of this Skills Bootcamp. You can also progress onto a Higher Apprenticeship or Degree Apprenticeship in Games Development once in employment or self-employment.
- Level 4 Junior Visual Effects – VFX Artist or Assistant Technical Director Higher Apprenticeship
- Level 6 VFX Artist or Technical Director
- Level 7 Games Programmer Degree Apprenticeship
You could also undertake an approved Higher Technical Qualification (HTQ) such as a Foundation Degree in Software Development or a Higher National Diploma in Applied Computing with Exeter College.
This programme is fully-funded by the UK Government for eligible participants.
To be eligible for funding, you must:
have right to live and work in the UK; and
have been resident in the UK for at least three years; and
- be a current resident in England; and
be aged at least 19 years or older upon 31st August 2023.
Refugees and Asylum Seekers may be eligible if they have been in the UK for more than 6 months. People currently residing in the UK on a Student Visa are unofrtunately not eligible for funding.
Check your eligibility for funding using our Funding Eligibility Checker.
18 March 2024
06 July 2024
Part-Time - Evenings & Weekends
iungo Bristol, BS1