iungo has developed an exciting suite of industry-led enterprise and entrepreneurship programmes for young engineers across Wales, under the collective banner “Enterprising Engineers”. In our initial pilot, 98% of students with the University of Wales Trinity St David (UWTSD) and Royal Academy of Engineering in 2020/21 believed that Enterprising Engineers enhanced their employability and 100% found the workshops enjoyable.
Enterprising Engineers is a work-ready skills programme that can be delivered as a two half-day activity-based workshop for level 3 students or a 12-week module for level 5 students. Due to popular demand from schools and colleges across Wales, we are now seeking energetic, business-savvy engineers to support the delivery of our Enterprising Engineers Summer Camps and short-courses.
Developing the next generation of intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs for Wales’ engineering and manufacturing industries.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and motivated individual to join a socially oriented start-up as a freelancer, shortly after the launch to support the growth of its commercial training provision. You will be part of a small team of key individuals developing and delivering bespoke training content for local schools, colleges, and businesses in Wales.
We are looking for a self-starter to join our team. You will receive full training before carrying out any delivery and you will be paired with an experienced deliverer for your first three workshops. You will be expected to:
- Survey customer requirements and facilities and interpret any bespoke requirements.
- Develop and adapt industry projects to suit the audience and delivery timeframe.
- Liaise with industrial partners before, during and after workshop delivery.
- Prepare practical activities, training content and workbooks prior to delivery.
- Lead delivery activities and training to groups of up to 15 candidates.
- Mentor and coach junior training deliverers.
- Create, update and review module descriptions and Schemes of Work.
- Contribute to the development of new content, modules, and training products.
- Manage and develop client relationships.
- Support and challenge learners to develop their skills and understanding.
- Celebrate learners’ success and provide helpful feedback to guide learners on their journey.
This is a unique opportunity in which you will play a key role in building a new training business, with exposure to all key business activities.
You will report directly into the Education Manager.
iungo’s Ethos is that “everyone is an Apprentice”. We will focus on helping you to develop and succeed in your career, and we expect in return that you will invest in yourself and our business. As such, we do not stipulate mandatory requirements, but the following guidelines may be helpful for you to determine if this position is right for you.
Familiarity with and understanding of:
- Educational pedagogy and authentic/integrated assessment
- Entrepreneurial and/or intrapreneurial careers
- Engineering principles and new product development
Demonstrating the following skills will accelerate your progress in this role:
- Communication with a young and varied audience
- Teaching, mentoring, coaching or leadership
- Creating a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Proactivity, adaptability, and patience
- Use of technology for educational and teaching purposes
You will fit in well at iungo if you can demonstrate the following behaviours:
- strong ethics and integrity
- authentic nature
- collaborative tendencies
- insightful contributions
- always learning
- a sense of fun
In addition to the above you will be expected to hold a relevant qualification or demonstrate equivalent experience at a level above that of the course you will be delivering.
Working with us
iungo is one of five Welsh start-ups recognised by Tech Nation for high growth potential in 2020. We are also a graduate of the Welsh Government Accelerated Growth Programme. Our pioneering learning culture was highly commended in the 2021 Rising Star 3.0 Awards, and we have been shortlisted for 6 awards relating to our innovative products, inclusive recruitment, and lifelong learning culture.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We also welcome applications from our alumni students with first-hand experience of the Enterprising Engineers programme. Our selection process is based on merit and potential – find out more here. We are committed to undertaking fair, inclusive, and accessible recruitment process. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application, interview, and onboarding process.
We will invest in your learning and development through opportunities to shape our curriculum, free access to our OPUS by iungo Careers Platform, and a complementary professional registration assessment.