Start your career in the fast-growing semiconductor sector here, with this entry-level Skills Bootcamp in Semiconductor Electronics! Secure a guaranteed intervieww with a key semiconductor employer in South Wales.
During this 10-week fast-track Skills Bootcamp, you will embark on an enlightening exploration into the intricate realm of semiconductor technologies – the fundamental technology behind 5G, Electic Vehicles, and space satellites, as well as our mobile phones and every other electronic gadget on this planet!
You will learn about Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Electronics & Integrated Circuits, programming, Quality Assurance Processes and commercialisation strategies for these cutting edge chips and devices. You’ll learn the skills to gain entry into the world’s most valuable industry, and better yet, there are a Cluster of Semiconductor businesses in South East Wales looking for just these skills!
The semiconductor Technologies Skills Bootcamp has a number of unique attributes:
- Industry-led and employer-verified content
- Immersive and experiential learning model
- Short, sharp, rapid upskilling process
- Guaranteed job interview for all Skills Bootcamp graduates
There are no entry requirements for this programme. However, an interest in semiconductor technologies will be beneficial.
The Level 3 Semiconductor Electronics Skills Bootcamp is part of the Semiconductor Skills Foundry Wales, an Innovate UK funded project. This cohort is funded by Coleg y Cymoedd and welcomes applicants from underrepresented groups and specifically from the Northern Valleys region.
Part 1: Core Industry Knowledge
- Module 1: Introduction to The Semiconductor Industry and Technologies
- Module 2: Introduction to The Semiconductor Manufacturing Environment
Part 2: Specialist Technical Skills
- Module 3: Semiconductor Materials
- Module 4: Semiconductor Manufacturing Processes
- Module 5: Mathematics for Engineering
- Module 6: Electronic Principles
- Module 7: Technical drawings and design
- Module 8: Semiconductor Supply Chain
Part 3: Work Ready Behaviours
- Module 9: Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Module 10: Employability Skills for the Semiconductor Industry
You will be guaranteed an interview with a local Semiconductor Technologies organisation on completion of the Semiconductor Technologies Skills Bootcamp. You could also progress onto an Apprenticeship in Semiconductors or Advanced Manufacturing or move into Further or Higher Education to study semiconductors up to PhD level.
- Level 2 WJEC Certificate in Semiconductor Technologies
- CSSC Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (exam fees included)
This programme is fully-funded by the UK Government via Innovate UK Funding. To be eligible for Innovate UK Funding you must be:
- aged 18 years or over; and
- have the Right to Work in UK; and
- live in Wales.
You will be asked to provide evidence that you meet the eligibility criteria during your application. A member of the recruitment team will support you through your application.
If you are unsure whether you are eligible, complete the online Eligibilty Check Tool here.
13 May 2024
19 July 2024
Fast-Track, 10 Weeks, Mondays - Thursdays