Always dreamed of publishing your own game? Now you can make that dream a reality by applying to the Games Developer Foundry Wales – Games Developer Entrepreneurship Foundry.
If you’ve got an idea for a game, or you’ve developed a game but you’re not sure how to take it to market, apply to join the Games Developer Entrepreneurship Foundry. Become your own boss, and collaborate with creative and programming professionals to develop and publish your own game, pitch to investors and learn the basics of growing a successful digital business.
iungo Solutions and Bridgend College are thrilled to deliver the Games Developer Foundry Wales with funding and support from Welsh Government via Creative Wales. The Foundry promises to be a “game-changer” for the Games Development Industry in Wales and a life-changing and career-defining experience for those who attend.
There are no specific entry requirements for applying to the Games Developer Foundry Wales. However, enthusiasm and some experience in games design, games development or programming would be advantageous.
Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis against our “AAA” Criteria: Attitude, Aptitude and Ambition. We encourage applications from people who are from underrepresented backgrounds within the Digital Creative industries, including:
- Welsh Speakers
- Women and Gender Diverse People
- People with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions (including long-term unemployed and neurodiverse)
- Introduction to the Games Industry
- Agile, Project Lifecycles
- Market research and Audience Profiling
- Testing and Optimisation
- Navigating self-employment
- Commercialisation processes
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Investment readiness
- Network building
Outcome: Publish your own game!
Qualification:Agored Cymru CK84CY003: Manage a Digital Content Development Project
- Rub shoulders with Games Developers and Publishers from across Wales and beyond
- Apply for funding to develop and publish your game
- Access a creative space to work and collaborate with other games developers and designers
- Backstage access to contacts at Major Platforms
- Complimentary marketing consultancy support
- Networking with suppliers, contractors and freelancers
- Regular Game Jams and After Hours Socials
You’ll be able to set up your own business, partnership or apply for roles within the games development, animation and VFX sector in Wales and be part of a collaborative indie developer ecosystem. You’ll also be able to progress onto a Higher Apprenticeship in Games Development, whether you are employed by a Games Developer or Self-Employed and running your own Games Business!
We are able to offer a limited number of fully-funded places on this programme. Applications will be assessed and funding awarded on a competitive basis.
This project has received funding and support from Welsh Government via Creative Wales.
The Games Developer Foundry is being delivered by iungo Solutions, facilitated by Bridgend College and funded by Welsh Government.